- By Curtis Marcaccio1. Colorado Avalanche- Nathan MacKinnon The Avalanche are in desperate need of quality NHL Dmen, but it’s going to be impossible to pass up on Nathan
- By BruinsbeerThe Bruins probably should have won Game One, but didn’t. The Blackhawks probably should have won Game Two, but didn’t. There weren’t any questions about who
- By Alex ThomasCraig MacTavish has a lot to do this summer. Finding Edmonton help on the blue line is arguably the biggest thing on his list. That task
- By Alex ThomasA lot has been happening in Oil Country the last couple of days. Craig MacTavish is a man on a mission and he started that mission
- By BruinsbeerThe Stanley Cup finals are finally here. The two teams left standing are the Boston Bruins and the Chicago Blackhawks. In the Eastern Conference Finals the
Ovechkin Available? Rumor+News Update
Busy times as we are only 9 days away from trade deadline day. Here’s what’s going on in the NHL:
- The Pens acquired Morrow (Stars) and Doug Murray (Sharks). Depth additions that will improve an already great team, making them top contenders in my opinion for the Stanley Cup. And sources in Pittsburgh say they’re not done yet…
- The Lightning fired Boucher as team’s head coach and hired AHL affiliate head coach Jon Cooper. Sources in Tampa say Lindy Ruff was the leading candidate but he turned down the job.
- The Caps are far from shopping last week’s NHL 1st star Alexander Ovechkin, but sources say he is now longer untouchable. The Sharks are pursuing the Russian star and I’m being told negotiations are ongoing between the 2 teams. Hearing Couture and Marleau are involved in the talks, along side “another top 6 forward from Washington” and some picks. Preliminary talks at this point; sources advised me if a deal is reached it would be on trade deadline day or at the draft. Sources in both DC and San Jose confirmed to me that the talks are indeed in place and that it would be the biggest blockbuster in recent memory.
For more updates stay tuned via Twitter @HockeyyInsiderr