- By Alex ThomasIt’s May 18th, we’re about seven weeks from the start of the draft, free agency, and the 2013 summer transaction period. With a lowered salary cap
- By Kyle PalazziIn the late morning of July 24, 2013, upon the announcement of the acquisition of star winger Rick Nash, Rangers fans salivated at the possibilities.
- By Alex ThomasI know yesterday in my article I told you I would be back here talking about trade targets for the Oilers. We still have almost seven
- By Alex ThomasToday concludes our look at possible free agent targets for the Oilers this off-season. We’ve taken a look at top six forwards, bottom six forwards, top
- By BruinsbeerLast night history was made at the TD Banknorth Garden. Actually, that’s an understatement. The on-again/off-again schizophrenic Boston Bruins came back from a 4-1 deficit
NHLSourcesSay News, Rumors, and Tidbits! Jan 29,13
Sources close to the situation say that Greg Jamison is finally ready to close on his deal to purchase the Phoenix Coyotes.
Flyers looking for a d-man via trade, Holmgren working the phones, teams he has contacted in the past week…Buffalo Sabres, New Jersey Devils, Pittsburgh Penguins and Calgary Flames.
Kings trying to acquire a d-man via trade as-well, Willie Mitchell has been cleared by doctors BUT he hasn’t cleared himself ready to play.
Penguins looking for a right winger and are offering Simon Despres.
Predators Patrick Hornqvist is out 3-4 weeks with a sprained knee sustained in the Jan 26 game vs. the Ducks. He was the leading goal scorer last year for the team and with this years early team struggles to score this wont help the cause.
Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog is out indefinitely with a neck and leg injury due to a massive hit from Brad Stuart.
Senators Jason Spezza will NOT play tonight vs. the Capitals. He is dealing with a shoulder injury.
Bruins rookie Dougie Hamilton has been notified he will remain with the team, he’s been playing exceptionally well on the first D pairing with Zdeno Chara.
Wings Darren Helm will NOT need surgery, team sources say they will give him all the rest he needs until he feels healthy enough to play, dealing with a back issue.
Despite dealing with a cold, Sharks top D-man Dan Boyle will play tonight vs. the Ducks.
The Sabres will be with Thomas Vanek tonight when they face the Leafs.
Jason Arnott failed his physical with the Rangers and his contract was terminated, sources say he will be back in the NHL soon, he is working out in Dallas and will talk with teams after he gets in better shape.
P.K Subban will play his first game of the season vs. the Sabres Saturday, I’m told there still is some minor issues to fix before he plays.
Pekka Rinne is still without a win this season, he has 3 overtime losses and 2 regulation losses, so far the only win this season for the Preds is when Chris Mason started between the pipes.
The Blackhawks struggled last season on the penalty kill, this year they have started off strong, 95.6 percent success rate.
That’s all for now, be sure to follow me on twitter @NHLSourcesSay