- By Curtis Marcaccio1. Colorado Avalanche- Nathan MacKinnon The Avalanche are in desperate need of quality NHL Dmen, but it’s going to be impossible to pass up on Nathan
- By BruinsbeerThe Bruins probably should have won Game One, but didn’t. The Blackhawks probably should have won Game Two, but didn’t. There weren’t any questions about who
- By Alex ThomasCraig MacTavish has a lot to do this summer. Finding Edmonton help on the blue line is arguably the biggest thing on his list. That task
- By Alex ThomasA lot has been happening in Oil Country the last couple of days. Craig MacTavish is a man on a mission and he started that mission
- By BruinsbeerThe Stanley Cup finals are finally here. The two teams left standing are the Boston Bruins and the Chicago Blackhawks. In the Eastern Conference Finals the
March 12 RUMOR UPDATE
- Marc Bergevin is actively working the phones, trying to improve the Habs despite team being in 1st place. While passing on Jagr during off-season it is said the team is pondering a possible Plekanec-Jagr reunion. With a shorter season, Jagr’s age is less of a deterrent factor and if the price is reasonable, Bergevin will make a pitch. Conversation between Habs and Stars are already on the way. The Habs have also contacted the Oilers in regards to Ryan Whitney, who could give the Habs a hand with the 2nd powerplay waive. Sources in Edmonton say Whitney is very likely to be moved before trade deadline.
- Rumors of Streit being shopped are 110% false, source informs me. He has begun negotiations with the Isles and I am advised two sides are fairly close to an extension.
- The Sabres are shopping Stafford. Red Wings, Canucks and Kings have all inquired. I am being told LA is ready to make a splash again at this year’s trade deadline day. They do have the authority from the owner to spend to the cap, and I’m being told they target a top 6 forward as well as a solid d-man. Talks ongoing with Sabres for Regehr and Oilers for Smid.
- Hawks have contacted CBJ and the Caps in regards to Brassard and Ribeiro. Looking to add even more fire power to an already nearly unbeatable team.
- Canucks continue their shopping for a 3rd line center. Talks ongoing with Panthers for Matthias and/or Mueller.
For more updates make sure to follow me on Twitter @HockeyyInsiderr