- By Alex ThomasWell yesterday we talked about three forwards that would make quality trade targets for the Oilers this summer. Today, we will take a look at three
- By Alex ThomasIt’s May 18th, we’re about seven weeks from the start of the draft, free agency, and the 2013 summer transaction period. With a lowered salary cap
- By Kyle PalazziIn the late morning of July 24, 2013, upon the announcement of the acquisition of star winger Rick Nash, Rangers fans salivated at the possibilities.
- By Alex ThomasI know yesterday in my article I told you I would be back here talking about trade targets for the Oilers. We still have almost seven
- By Alex ThomasToday concludes our look at possible free agent targets for the Oilers this off-season. We’ve taken a look at top six forwards, bottom six forwards, top
HUGE Rumor Update March 4th
One month remains until trade deadline day and there’s tons of talks between GMs. Here is what’s going on behind NHL closed doors:
- The Habs GM Marc Bergevin could potentially bring back another ex-Hab. He contacted his Flames counter-part in regards to the availability of Michael Cammalleri. Habs fans still remember Cammy’s performance in the 2010 playoff run. They are also aware of the cap hit that Cammy brings, which will be $6M for the next year… However, this would be quite an addition for the Habs. New coach, new GM, could Cammy be ready to give the Canadiens organization another chance? While the Flames are not shopping him, he could be made available if they are out of the playoff hunt near the trade deadline.
- Another guy the Flames are considering moving if the team won’t be in contention is Jarome Iginla, who would bring a significantly more important return than Cammalleri. As previously mentioned here, Sabres and Sens are very interested in the veteran superstar, but there are new players in the Iginla sweeps. Being told the Pens have Iginla on top of their wish list, and that the Flyers are interested as well. Sources close to Iginla have informed me that Jarome would indeed be willing to waive to go to Pittsburgh… could be a match made in heaven (Crosby-Iginla!)
- Leafs are in talks with Anaheim for Perry AND Getzlaf. As of right now, Ducks not interested in moving either of them as long as the team is in contention. But Toronto is inquiring several times per week I’m being told. In other news, sources confirmed to me that Mike Komisarek has requested a trade. He has been made available but not much interest generated.
- The Bruins are on the market for a player with scoring abilities capable of playing on their top 9.
- Canucks are interested in adding a centre to their lineup; discussions ongoing with Panthers for Mueller.
- Scuderi and Streit are negotiating extensions with the Kings and Islanders respectively. Expect both to be resolved fairly soon.
- Visnovsky is generating tons of interest around the NHL. Oilers, Wings, Flyers, Jets and Sens have all approached the Islanders. He will likely be dealt.
For updates make sure to follow me on Twitter @HockeyyInsiderr