- By Kyle PalazziIn the late morning of July 24, 2013, upon the announcement of the acquisition of star winger Rick Nash, Rangers fans salivated at the possibilities.
- By Alex ThomasI know yesterday in my article I told you I would be back here talking about trade targets for the Oilers. We still have almost seven
- By Alex ThomasToday concludes our look at possible free agent targets for the Oilers this off-season. We’ve taken a look at top six forwards, bottom six forwards, top
- By BruinsbeerLast night history was made at the TD Banknorth Garden. Actually, that’s an understatement. The on-again/off-again schizophrenic Boston Bruins came back from a 4-1 deficit
- By Curtis MarcaccioIn previous Olympics, the Buffalo Sabres have been well represented. In Vancouver 2010, the Sabres had 6 representatives, including Ryan Miller-USA, Henrik Tallinder-Sweden, Toni Lydman-Finland, Jochen
NHL and NHLPA Meet For Close to 7 Hours. “Only a Matter of Time”
The NHL and NHLPA met for over 7 hours in New York City Tuesday night. They will meet again tomorrow. The two sides have had some good discussions, mostly based on the means of removing the “make whole” provision. Everyone is being very tight lipped, but information that “significant progress” was made has been leaked.
According to NHL sources, it’s only a matter of time before a deal is reached. The two sides are closer than ever. Bettman is following his secret agenda is hoping to get a deal done before November 9 to save the 82 game season. The backup plan would be getting a deal done before November 20, with a start date of December 1st and a 70 game season.
According to players present at the meeting today, many atendees were very tired towards the end of the day. However, “Mr. Bettman kept pushing the meeting, as if he wanted to get the deal done tonight.” One can assume the owners’ pressure on Gary Bettman must be quite important.
Bottom line is cautious optimism has been replaced by “optimism”. Both sides are committed to playing a season, and I firmly believe that it is indeed only a matter of time. Stay tuned, more negotiations tomorrow!